Friday, June 20, 2008

3 yr old Romanian Singer Cleopatra Stratan--Awesum


Read the lyrics below as u listen........

Listen to this …really cute :)

3 yr old Romanian Singer Cleopatra Stratan… her dad Pavel Stratan is a famous singer ……. he was in the studio recording when his daughter was playing there....she suddenly picked up the mike and started singing ……… everybody was stunned ………… and she ended recording the whole album!

The last stanza is in Romanian language
….


About Cleopatra Stratan

Cleopatra Stratan (born October 6, 2002 in Chisinau, Moldova), daughter of Moldovan-Romanian singer, Pavel Stratan, is one of the youngest people ever to score commercial success as a singer, with her 2006 album La vârsta de trei ani ("At the age of 3").

Pavel Stratan, father of Cleopatra, was in a studio recording a song with 3 years old Cleopatra hanging around. Impulsively, she grabbed a microphone and started singing along with Pavel. Everybody was stunned so they ended up recording the song with Cleopatra performing the lead vocals rather than Pavel. The song was "Mama" (mother). After that, Cleopatra recorded several other songs, basically a full album, and eventually performed some concerts.

Some suggest that as she is younger than Shirley Temple, she should be included in the Guinness Book of World Records as the youngest talent ever to perform on stage and record her own album. In Romania, Moldova, and around the world, there seems to be a growing fan base. Some of her songs have already been translated into English and Spanish.

La vârsta de trei ani ("At the age of 3") was a double platinum disk in the summer of 2006 for selling more than 150,000 albums in Romania. In December 2006, her father announced that until the next album (possibly in one or two years), she will no longer sing publicly.

As of 2006, Cleopatra's biggest hit is the song "Ghiţă".

lyrics…


The coat is inside out,
There is no sun above
Nothing is going good
Since I think of Ghita.
But Ghita's not in town
I asked why he's not around
It seems to me he's gone
He's gone abroad

Hard, I think it's very hard
Want, I don't know what I want
I know that you like me too
Ghita, what is up with you?
Young, come on in or go
Young, tell me yes or no
Ghita, please dont´t anger me
Tell me how your life will be

Ghita,
Tonight I'm waiting at the wicket
Me at the station I bought a ticket
Come to,
But don't come as you did before
As usually with empty hands...
Who else
Will
wait and sing for you as I do
Entire evening just getting there
Ghita,
Show me a girl who's found of you
That loves you more as much as I do...

Ghita, te-astept diseara la portita
Langa portita de la scoala
Vino da numa nu vini cum vii tu
De obicei cu mana goala
Cine te mai asteapta ca si mine
O seara intreaga numai pe tine.
Ghita, arata-mi tu o fata care
Sa te iubeasca asa de tare!

1 comment:

Krithika Eswar said...

Hi all this girl is simply awsome

her voice is so sweet and she is really gifted

I love to hear her songs whenever i do that i forget all my worries and feel like a kid